10/24/2008

Breton style of music



A friend of mine, asks me about "the chant/rap that I hear you do. what is the Breton style of music.."
During a few days, this, disturbs me. And I could now, maybe say : I am not influence with rap, no. Yes, my chant is sometimes speed. It comes, maybe, from the traditional breton beat call "kan ha diskan"(call and response) flowing all over here. I am not in the known of "kan ha diskan"; I sing 5 or 6 traditional songs, at least. With evidence now, my songwriting is somewhere roots in K&D, but I could say, mostly roots in north cost tribal pagan rythms, It could be the reason, sometimes words flow hard and strong, hammering the beats.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous24/10/08

    Mat eo da respont.
    Kosoc'h eo kan an diskañ eget ar rap.
    Laouen on da awen eo kan an diskañ. Setu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/11/08

    Hi! Saw you on Alan Stivell's myspace. I love your music too! Will

    ReplyDelete